Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"It's Our Anniversary"...(In my singing voice)!

We celebrated BEST wedding anniversary ever a couple of weeks ago! Let me start off by saying, my husband and I agreed not to buy any gifts, because of a large expense we have coming up. We decided TOGETHER, to just go to dinner and enjoy each other's company. Well, he did just the opposite!

While I was getting ready for our dinner reservations, he handed me a folded up piece of paper and a stopwatch set to five minutes and told me he was leaving and not to open the note until the watch reached 0:00. I opened the note and read it, which gave me a clue to look in my trunk. In my trunk was a gift box, which contained an outfit from Ann Taylor Loft and another note with a clue. That note told me where to find the name and address of the restaurant, to pack an overnight bag, and to send  a "sad face" if the outfit didn't fit. Well, the outfit didn't fit, so I sent a "sad face". The next clue sent me into the garage, where he had hidden another outfit he purchased.


If you are a steak lover, like me, then you need to visit Kevin Rathbun Steakhouse the first chance you get. We were served the best steak I have ever tasted in my entire life here!


...and the red velvet cake was excellent too!

My next clue sent me to the W Hotel to chocolate covered strawberries and champagne!








:: Outfit ::
dress: Maggie London via Ross (old)
bag: BCBG clutch (similar here)
shoes: Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx
accessories: Michael Kors watch, Natasha (similar here) and
Betsy Johnson bracelets

This was one of the best anniversaries we have ever had. I don't know how he's going to top this one!

Thank you so much for reading!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin
 

31 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, you looked stunning!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! That's so great that your hubby dud that, I love how he made a great effort to keep the romance with the element of surprise!

    xx kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      I was totally surprised, he's the best!

      Delete
  3. Aww Happy Anniversary darlin:)! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! You are such a gorgeous couple!! It sounds like an amazing night. Your photos actually look they could be a commercial - beautiful! :)

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    P.S I think I need your clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you two had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really did have the time of my life!

      Delete
  6. You two make a very beautiful couple....more power on your Anniversary!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so sweet of him! your outfit is so pretty!! {and that red velvet cake looks delicious!}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you can't even imagine how good that cake was!

      Delete
  8. Props to that man for knowing the way to a woman's heart....Mystery, fashion and food?

    Where does one sign up their husbands for his master's degree in romance?

    Happy Anniversary!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know when the classes will begin, lol!

      Delete
  9. Hmmm... my anniversary is tomorrow, and somehow, I just see my husband sticking to the "don't buy anything" rule we set out! :D

    Surprises like that are so sweet, and damn, girl, he picked out an amazing dress for you! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!! Not only do you look amazing but what an amazing husband you have!!!!! Sony ever leave that one:) he's a keeper!!! Congratulations and happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was such a sweet idea! Glad you had a great time and you looked gorgeous!!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. props to your husband for planning such a special anniversary...and props to you for rockin' that dress! a beautiful night, a sweet celebration...and wishing you a lifetime of love;)

    chandra
    astylishlittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary to you - thank you for sharing your celebration with us!

    I'm SO delighted to meet you at Create With Joy! I host several events a week, but in particular, wanted to invite you to join us at Friendship Friday - we are currently sharing our "autobiographies) so it's a great opportunity to introduce yourself and to make some new friends!

    Have a fabulous week and I look forward to getting to know you!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    P.S. I just shared the first of my Valentine Cards on my blog.
    I'll be celebrating my 15th wedding anniversary on that day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great anniversary and fun surprise! I might need my husband to read this one :)
    Jen
    www.goteambowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! I can't believe he went all out like that - hang on to that one ;) You look stunning!

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary! I love your dress and clutch! You look absolutely gorgeous.

    If you get a sec, please check out my latest post 'Black and White from Day to Night.'

    Sofia

    http://stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lenetta,

    Thank you so much for stopping my blog from the hop. I just left your lovely little blog, and I have discovered lots of good stuff over there. I can't wait to try out some of those delicious looking recipes!

    xx
    Serena
    www.theserenasaga.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. What an amazing anniversary! You looked absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover